Monday, June 8, 2009

Air Show

This weekend was the Air Show at Hill AFB. My dad worked at Hill until he retired last year. As a child, I have memories of going to the Air Show with my dad. We took the girls this weekend with my parents. You could tell my dad was proud. He pointed out buildings all along the way, showed us the building he worked at, and told us many facts about the airplanes. We also ran into a few people he worked with. He had the time of his life. I knew it was always crowded there, but I was not prepared for HOW CROWDED. It was almost like being at the airport there was so much security. My kids have never been on an airplane so they were not prepared for the metal detectors and searches.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Fun! I remember going to an airshow once or twice as a little kid. They sure have upped the security since we were little.

Pulcheria said...

Wow- I don't remember that much security, but I do remember the crowds. What a fun day for your dad to share with your kids!