Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ready and Waiting

I have had few people ask about baby updates. I had my 38 week appointment yesterday. Everything looked good. The baby is measuring to be about 6 lbs 10 oz. Of course that is just an estimate. I am now officially dilated to a 2 but not softened at all. I had previously ask my midwife about inducing and we had talked about next Thursday, April 2nd. He said that by next week if nothing changes he would not even think about inducing at this point. There needs to be some softening as well as dilation. The baby's head is pretty far up there. He said that if we induced at this point we would make it a lot harder on me and the baby. And it would increase my chances of needing a C-section if the baby had a hard time. As anxious as I am to not be pregnant anymore and meet Devin I don't want to do anything that will make it harder than it needs to be. So at this point I have an appointment next Tuesday and we will see how things are progressing then. I guess it should come as no surprise that this baby will come when he is ready and not a moment before. We should be use to be patient. We have waited a long time for him. Right now I will be content to have some time to still prepare and get to sleep through the night except for the occasional visit to the bathroom.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update!! i've been thinking about you. I hadn't progressed at all and Tayah was way high up so I was content to wait too. then all of the sudden my water broke. Complete surprise!!! so there is still hope.

Hope you are feeling good. and yes, enjoy your nights now. Wow! I'm tired. lol

Keep us posted!!!!

Britney said...

ooooh so exciting Spring! I'll have to come check back everyday now to see if he's here yet.
Its hard at the end. My Dr. suggested getting induced with Brynn and it never felt right to me. I just figure the same that they come when their ready. She did just that...picked her very own Birthday! :) Good luck and I can't wait to hear the news!!!
Happy Birthday to Riley, looks like a great day. The food looks awesome!

Jamie said...

Those last few weeks are so rough! I usually stop answering the phone. :) You know what helps to soften that ol' cervix, right? Andy always liked to fill his canteen before the six week desert.
Good luck!!!!! Hopefully you will be able to get some rest before the baby comes. :)

Melissa said...

Thanks for the update. Be sure to let me know if you need anything. I would love to help.

Emily said...

Oh I feel for ya. Since Sunny decided not to join us before her due date I know how you're feeling. Definitely rest up, I had totally forgotten about the sleepless new baby nights.

sheree said...

Just a couple more weeks! Hurray! FYI--I sent you something yesterday.

Daryl and Ashley said...

Yay... you are almost there! Hang in there!