Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Spring Fever
I had a serious case of spring fever today. It was over 60 degrees and beautiful. The kids had a chance to play outside and they didn't even have to wear a jacket. My daffodils have started to come up and I got all excited to start working in the yard.
This is two weeks ago. We had a huge snowstorm. The roads were terrible and our yards were covered.
We did spend some time out in the yard today. We actually planted some early frost peas today. We also have planted some annuals from seed this year again and we have them growing in the house. We tried this for the first time last year and we were somewhat successful. We got an earlier start this year and our plants are doing great. Justin and I spent some time today transplanting them to bigger containers. Justin has done a great job making lights and getting everything set up. It is hard not to be anxious and want to get them out in the yard. We got excited last year and lost quite a few plants.
I can't wait for spring officially to be here. I am ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Everything looks so nice and ready to grow! I hope winter doesn't come calling again.
Your basement is looking great!
Your plants look so happy and healthy, I hope you don't have to wait too long to get them outside.
What are you really growing under those lights? (I'm totally joking!)
Post a Comment