Wednesday, February 18, 2009

"Blankets are ok but they can slip and slide, plus your hands are trapped inside."

And so it began at our house back in December. I have two words --- THE SNUGGIE! Emily is an informerical junkie. If something is advertised on TV no matter what it is-- she wants it. We have joked about this within our family for months. She has requested Bend-a-roos, Kid Bop CDs, and yes, even Debbie Meyer Green Bags. But The Snuggie has been her number one request since before Christmas. Her birthday is only a couple of weeks after Christmas and the only thing she wanted for her birthday was a Snuggie. For those of you who have not seen this product on TV it is a fleece blanket with sleeves. We laughed about until it became the only thing she requested and it would make or break her whole birthday. Of course, I'm a softie and we ordered a Snuggie for her birthday. Justin got on the website and tried to place an order, but they were experiencing an error and our order did not go through. At this point Justin called the customer service to place the order, hoping to talk to someone and make sure it would be delivered before her actual birthday. It was all a recorded message with no one to talk to. After he had placed the order we were informed that it would take 6 weeks for delivery. At that rate it would not make it for her birthday. But it was already ordered. In fact, we had 2 Snuggies on the way because they were offering a buy one, get one for just the shipping charges. Weeks went by and we never even had the payment go through our bank account. At this point I was thinking that we would not be receiving anything at all. Two days before Emily's birthday I went in to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and they had Snuggies there so I bought one. It made her whole birthday. Here is a picture of her opening it up. So a couple of weeks after her birthday we see a charge go through on our bank account for Snuggie but it is double what it should be. Apparently both orders went through and they shipped 4 Snuggies to our house. At this point I found a customer service number and wanted to see how much we could get refunded if we sent them back minus the shipping and handling. I was told we could get back $38 and have to pay shipping to send them back or they would credit our account $20 and we could keep them. So we are now the proud owners of, count them, 5 Snuggies. One for the whole family. That sure is one tricky company. If any of you are thinking of ordering a Snuggie....shop at your own risk!

7 comments:

Kristin said...

Your family sounds so fun. I like how you show each of their personalities in your posts.

The Griffin Crew said...

Spring that is a great story Dave read this and now he wants a snuggie;) those look so warm!! Hey now everyone can snuggie up!! Sorry a little snuggie humor!!

Layla said...

NICE! That is one funny story! Emily is a riot. You really need to blog the "Kung Fu Panda" thing. I won't give it away...

Emily said...

Hey Spring, it's Emily Miller. This story is hilarious, they had these on the Today show a few weeks ago and were all wearing them, similar to your family photo! I love it!
bradandemilymiller.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

Oh my gosh, Spring, that story made me laugh out loud! I can't believe you have the Snuggie! When I first saw the commercial, I was laughing so hard, especially when the family was wearing them at the football game...and roasting s'mores around the campfire.
I love the family Snuggie pic! You guys will definitely be warm and toasty.
Hey, the family that "Snuggies" together, stays together, right?
I love you!

Pulcheria said...

What a great story. It made me laugh out loud. Now, I'll think of you every time I see the commercial!

Anonymous said...

Dylan wants that contraption on T.V. that brushes your hair and teeth at the same time... but it's not even a real device--it's a commercial for Eggos!! But he still wants the darn thing:)

I want a snuggie but I want it to be electrically heated with a way LONG extension cord and bright pink!!

Your family is a riot!

-Allison