Friday, April 10, 2009

One Of My Biggest Blessings!

Today it has been 3 years since Mariah was diagnosed with bacterial meningitis. I always have to pause and reflect on this day how grateful I am for her and that she is a perfectly healthy little girl today. I can still remember the fear and sorrow of thinking we might lose her. As most of you know, she is by far my most difficult child and we do not always get along. We are different in almost every way possible. But boy, do I love that little girl! She is my child and I am grateful for her and what she brings to our family. I always have to stop and think how much she means to me on this day. I love you, Momo!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute post and a darling little girl. I remember when that happened. So scary. I'm glad she decided to stick around!!! :)

Melissa said...

Wow, I had no idea about your delivery. I am glad you didn't have him in the car like Andy's cousin did last month.

I am glad everyone is healthy and happy these days.

Kristin said...

Wow--how scary! I remember when I saw you three years ago and you had been down to Primary Children's for several scary events with your girls, but I don't know if I had heard that bacterial menangitis was one of them. I'm thankful everything is okay now.

Daryl and Ashley said...

I am so glad that she got better... Primary Children's is not a fun place to be. I have nightmares of that place. I am sure you feel different about it because they saved you children's life! Thank GOODNESS!

Rachel said...

I remember that.. but I also remember not really understanding what the heck was going on. I just remember everyone saying she was so lucky. What a cutie. Thank goodness. Hey, you got a little GUY!!!! Your kids are so beautiful! Congratulations!!! Oh, by the way, hope you don't mind me looking... Annie says she remembers Emily - - her nice friend from pretty school.

Jamie said...

I remember how scary that was! I'm glad that she was able to get better. I can't believe 3 years have gone by so quickly.