Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Febuary 2014

Valentine's Dance at Promontory. Here is Mariah with Kylie and Callie. I didn't take any pictures during the dance because I didn't want to be THAT mom even though I did stay to chaperone.
\ Riley with Russell!!!!! For years Riley has been waiting to take the teen living class at the middle school. In the class you learn what it would be like to be a parent. When I was in school I had a egg baby I had to take care of. Riley has been so excited to have one of these babies. They really breathe, cry, eat a bottle and need to be changed. Her time finally came and she got to keep Russell for 3 days. He had his little carseat and she had to take him back and forth to school. Childcare was provided in teen living class during school hours (really they just deactivate it). But it was on and ready for her to take care when she got home from school and all night. It didn't take long, maybe an hour, before she realized that it was not going to as fun as she had envisioned. The baby cries really loud. And both nights she didn't get much sleep. She said the second night he was up 11 times. By the time the 3 days were over she couldn't wait to get rid of him. The baby has a sensor inside and she had to wear a wrist band that you would scan on the baby when you changed it and it kept track of when you feed it. It also keeps track of how you stabilize the baby's head. Come to find out she failed the assignment. Too many head drops. If she wanted to make up the assignment she could take the baby again or watch a real infant for 3 hours. She asked Natalie about watching Cole. We had to laugh when she talked about it because she had failed the assignment for not being careful with the baby's head and asking if she can watch a real baby to get a better grade. A little scary.

No comments: