Sunday, November 17, 2013

Butterfly Lake

One of our favorite spots to visit since Justin and I have been married has been Butterfly Lake. It is in the Unitahs up on the Mirror Lake loop. We have been there too many times to count and have so many memories there. We have not been there for a few years (really since Devin was born). It is so much work to go camping now. It is not near as much fun or relaxing when you are the parents in charge of taking anything. But I have missed going up there and I told Justin I wanted to go up there for a couple of days this summer. One thing that we do not enjoy about camping there is the nights. It is so cold up there and then you get all of us in a tent and there is not very much sleeping that goes on. So we decided to stay of just 1 night. We went up early and stayed the whole day. Spent the night, did an early morning hike to Ruth Lake for some fishing then packed up and went home. I got some great pictures of the beautiful surrondings and the kids. I uploaded a lot because I liked so many of them.
This Butterfly Lake. We love the lily pads and flowers that grown in the lake.
This is the little pond behind the lake.
You can walk on area of the pond that it is just grass growing on top of the water. It is wet and squishy and we call it the spring board.
.
Devin was a little scary with the fire. He loved it, a little too much. We had to keep a real close eye on him around it.
This is up at Ruth Lake.
Riley enjoying nature while the rest of us were fishing.
Our favorite fishing spot there.
It was such a peaceful trip (until we got stuck in terrible traffic on the way home from Evanston--there was an accident that closed the road). We had good quality family time. The kids got along great. Something about being up there is so peaceful and we love spending time up there.

No comments: