Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Tubing At Solider Hollow

As a final farewell to winter we went tubing up at Solider Hollow on the very last day of the season. We went with Missy and Crispin and their family. I have been wanting to try it for a couple years. Devin was finally old enough to do it this year. All ready to start! Waiting in line. It was pretty crowded since it was the last day and people had bought Groupons that they wanted to use. But the wait went faster than I thought. We got in 6 runs in 2 hours and that was plenty. I don't think the kids would have lasted any longer. By the time our 2 hours were up they were ready to go. Up the rope lift. The girls coming down. You can see on the hill how the snow is starting to melt. Those lanes were closed. Good memories! Probably the two hightlights were Emily and Dom getting stuck on the hill. They slowed down to a stop. Instead of getting up and walking down the track they were on their tubes trying to scoot and going nowhere. Everyone at the top of the hill waiting in line was watching them. I was on the rope lift at the time and looked over on the track and saw 2 kids trying to scoot. They were stuck and they were digging their heads down in the snow trying to pull themselves. I thought "What the heck are those kids doing?" And thought a few choice things about some people's stupid kids. Then I realized that was MY kid! No matter where everyone in our group was at that moment we all saw them. Also Riley and Crispin went down together and crossed lanes and ended up on the wrong track. The winds were picking up and they actually cancelled the next session because of high wind warning. We got our full two hours in and had a great time.

No comments: