Thursday, March 31, 2011
Devin's Birthday!
Devin's birthday was yesterday. I can hardly believe that he is 2 aldready. I wish he would slow down the growing up thing. I am looking forward to this year. Two is my favorite my age. I know a lot of people complain about it but kids are adorable at this age. They are starting to talk more and say the cutest things. At the same time still little enough that they like to be loved, held, and taken care of.
Here is the cake Justin made for Devin. He is totally obessed with trains right now
Justin got the relighting candles without telling anyone. It was funny to watch Devin keep blowing them out. It worked out well because at this age they really like to blow out the candles anyway. It kept the excitement going for about 5 minutes. I was starting to get concerned he is was going to get light headed and pass out because he was blowing so much.
Grandpa Martin made Devin a new toy box with Lighting McQueen on it (another one of his favorite things).
He loved his cake. He wanted me to keep lifting him up to the island so he could stare at it. After awhile my arms got tired and I was also tired of standing there. So we moved it to the table so he could look at it as much as he wanted to. I have never seen a kid appreciate their birthday cake so much before. He could not take his eyes off of it.
He got a Power Wheels four wheeler for his big present. This is him zipping around the yard.
I hope he had a fun day. It was nice to have a child who had no expectations for the day because he didn't even know it was his birthday. At first he wasn't even interested in opening his presents. But as he opened them he stopped to appreciate each one. He would play with it for a while before we had to convince him to open another one. The girls are at the stage where they open everything as fast as they can so they can see what they got. Justin's parents came over with all his favorite thing (Toy Story, Chuggington, and Cars toys) and had cake and ice cream with us. It as a good day! I sure love that little guy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That picture of him staring at his birthday cake is adorable! Happy Belated birthday!
Post a Comment