Monday, December 6, 2010
A Dream Come True
After ICE we took the kids Christmas shopping on Black Friday. I know we must be crazy but it was the day that it worked for us to fit it in. It was necessary, because that day a dream came true! Riley got to go to the American Girl Doll Store. Riley and Mariah both have dolls. But Riley loves hers. She pours over the magazines when they come and would love to own everything. A few weeks before we left she was asking me if I thought we would ever go to the one of the stores. The only location I knew for sure was the one in Chicago. I told her I didn't know if we would ever see a real store we would just have to shop out of the catalog. As we were making plans for the trip Erin informed me that there was an American Girl store in Dallas. You should have seen Riley's face when I told her! Of course we had to go visit. The girls brought their dolls. For those of you who don't have girls this is a big deal. The dolls and accessories are rather pricey to say the least. At the store girls bring their dolls. They have a restaurant in the store where you can make reservations to have lunch, with your doll of course. They have a salon where you can get your hair and your doll's styled and cut or have your nails done. As we got to the mall Riley was almost hyperventilating she was so excited. We could hear her breathing rapidly in the back seat. She had a huge smile on her face the entire time we were there. I was so glad we got to take her there.
We also went to the Lego store in the mall. They don't have one where we live. Justin and the girls were really excited to go. The highlight was the pick a brick where they filled containers with parts they wanted. While in Texas we also visited the Bass Pro Shop. It was alot more fun for the kids then I thought it would be. They had activities everywhere for them to do. They got to see the big fish, ride a Christmas carousel, watch electric trains, color, sit in the display boats and so much more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have heard about the legendary American Girl doll store! Sounds like every girl's dream come true. :) Harrison had the same reaction as Riley -- but at the Lego store. :)
I'm so glad that you guys had such a fun trip!!!!
I got excited for Riley too just reading about it. How fun. I can't wait until Tayah gets and American Girl doll.
How fun for Riley. She'll never forget that trip.
Post a Comment