Wednesday, January 6, 2010
The Joys of Sick Kids and Not So Sick Kids
The kids started back to school on Monday. For the most part I try not to think about what they are being exposed to while they are there. But back to school Monday, one sick kid on Tuesday. Riley stomach was bothering her a little bit. Thank goodness she was not throwing up. But she didn't really feel like eating and she was a frequent visitor to the bathroom. Hope that wasn't too much information. Anyway, she mended quickly and returned to school the next day. So the next day, Emily tells me her stomach is hurting and she doesn't want to go to school. Considering Riley's situation the day before I believed. School starts at 8:40. By 9:00 she is running around the house telling me she is hungry and wants to play on the Wii. There was nothing wrong with her. The little faker. I thought about driving her to school late which I have done before when an illness is signifioantly less than imgagined. But Devin was asleep and I didn't see the point of punishing him. So she took the day off for really no reason. I know Layla considers these to be mental health days. Doesn't everyone need the day off now and then? I agree that sometimes we all need that. But she totally lied and faked she was sick. When her teacher saw me and asked me where she was I said she was home having a sick day. Does that make me a bad parent? I guess it depends on if you ask my kids or their teachers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You are not a bad parent, you just have a young child who is thinking that she has figured out how to work the system. ;o) Those things are so,etimes hard to call, although before Christmas break we did have a 2-hour delay from school because of the snow. This meant that Zane had to go to school for 35 minutes!!! I just kept him home because it was going to be such a pain to go pick him up after half an hour. Plus, what was he really going to learn in 35 minutes???? The next day I got a slip for an unexcused absence from the teacher. I couldn't think of a reason, because he wasn't really sick, so I finally just wrote, "Snow Day."
My mom sent me to school with chicken pox and a raging fever once. You can't win them all, and maybe she did need the mental health day.
Post a Comment