Sunday, October 18, 2009
I Love My Kids
I just wanted to mention that I appreciate how my kids love me unconditionally. At this point in their lives they all still like me and think I am pretty good at many things. Today for dinner I made a broccoli cheese soup. As I was making it Devin was getting fussy and complaining in his high chair while he was having a snack. I got a little distracted trying to bake rolls, cook the soup, and keep a tired 6 month old happy. The end result was the bottom of my soup got a little well done. Not enough to effect the favor but enough to have little brown flecks in the soup. I was feeling a little frustrated that all my efforts were not good enough (even though I was trying very hard) and not pleased about having everyone eat soup that had chunkles of well done cheese in it. But like any busy,frustrated mom I served it. It is what I made and great or not it was what we were having for dinner. MY KIDS LOVED IT! Riley hates broccoli and she ate all her soup saying how broccoli wasn't that bad. Mariah and Emily both had thirds and Mariah kept saying it was one of her favorite foods right up there with lasagna. I am sure Justin was not having the same feelings about the soup they were but thank goodness for my girls. I ended up feeling that even though I am not a great cook I do the best I can and sometimes I actually make something really good for them to eat( not tonight, but sometimes). It made me slow down and appreciate my girls and be glad they love me and can rave about my soup and think I am a pretty good mom. It is moments like that make being a parent so rewarding. Everyone else in the world may think I did a poor job of making dinner but my kids think I cooked a great meal for them. They sure were good for my self esteem today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Now that is awesome! First, that you attempted to make such a delicious dish (from scratch!?), second, that you did this with a 6-month old (and three other kids), and third, that the kids loved it.
I've had some questionable meals lately. Two nights of poor cooking and one night I insisted on going to Arby's and even that was bad.
It actually sounds good. Cheese is the one thing that burns well. Oh, and perhaps marshmallows.
Glad your kids still think you're the tops!
I love the word chunkles!! I am glad it turned out alright! Aren't kids wonderful!
Ha ha on Sheree's "burn's well" comment. :)
Spring, you are a great mom and you have great kids! Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a great example to me and your kids are great examples to my kids. Every night, Harrison claims that I just made 'the grossest dinner ever'. (It is a mystery that I seem to top even myself night after night.)
You are a GREAT mom.. and you have fantastic girls! Chunkles... can I use that?
Post a Comment