Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Berries, Berries, and More Berries
This year in our yard the highlight for me has been all of our berries. We have strawberries, raspberries, and dewberries (which are like a blackberry). Our yard is a lot more established this year and we have definitely seen an increase in our berry production. Our raspberries were huge and delicious. But my favorite has been the dewberries. We got the berries plants from Justin's grandma so they have sentimental value to us, but they are also wonderful. They are a little bit more tart than a raspberry but they make the absolute best jam! They are rather vicious plants though. There are terrible thorns all over the plants even the leaves. I think it is worth it though. We have berries that run along the fence in the backyard.
I think it has been my favorite thing about our yard this year. Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Tasty... if you hear rustling in your bushes in the middle of the night... it's just me, so go back to bed!
Yum! I have never heard of dewberries before. They look amazing! You could make a jumbleberry jam, too. Man, I am drooling just looking at your bucket o' berries. :)
Spring I am so jealous! Maybe we will have to try berries next year ;-) All we have now are tomatoes and peppers, and I'm surprised we even got those in on time. I'm not complaining, but I would be soooo happy with a berry crop. Ahhh, delicious!
Post a Comment