Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Treasure Hunting

Yes, I am alive! I find that I have less spare time now to do things. I will try to give a quick overview of a few things we have done the past month. Last weekend we took the kids geocaching. In case any of you do not know what that is let me explain. It is a little like going on a treasure hunt. You use GPS to find hidden boxes. I was amazed at how many there are around. Just in our zipcode there are over 2,000 caches. The kids had a great time and Justin really enjoyed it too. This was the smallest box we found. The girls are picking an item out of the box. This is the box that was the hardest to find. We almost gave up. This was the first box we found. It was titled "Girls Rule". The instructions said to leave a $1 girlie item and then you can also take an item from the box. It was a fun day and we stayed with about 5 miles of our home.

4 comments:

Pulcheria said...

Excellent! We love geo-caching! Especially in Utah - we haven't done as much since we moved. We always thought it added some extra fun to our days outdoors. Glad you enjoyed your day!

Daryl and Ashley said...

That sounds so fun. I have never heard of anything like that before. What is it and how does it work?

Layla said...

I LOVE it!!!

Spring said...

Ashley,
Just go to geocaching.com and you can get information and find caches in our area. All you need is a hand held GPS. It is really fun.